Many attack vectors, one objective.
DDoS attacks range from pranksters having fun to targeted acts of retaliation, protest, theft and extortion. Depending on their skills, attackers may use readily available DDoS tools or launch more sophisticated attacks. Ultimately, all DDoS attacks have one objective—to disrupt service availability and have a significant impact on businesses.
Suddenly, your applications aren’t available and you can’t do business with customers.
There are four main types of attacks, although they’re most often combined:
- Volumetric: flood-based attacks that can be at layer 3, 4, or 7.g
- Asymmetric: invoke timeouts or session-state changes.
- Computational: consume CPU and memory.
- Vulnerability-based—exploit: application software vulnerabilities
- The most damaging DDoS attacks mix volumetric attacks with targeted, application-specific attacks.
DDoS demands vigilance.
Combined or “mixed” DDoS attacks are becoming more difficult to defend against and are often an indicator of more advanced, persistent threats to come.
How quickly you can discover and stop these threats is key to ensuring service continuity and limiting damage.
Consider application layer attacks.
Layer 7 attacks are much more common now. Criminals are increasingly using low-and-slow attacks that target layer 7 computing power and I/O to disable web application servers. These attacks avoid network-level detection and challenge traditional detection methods.
In 2011, you’d see layer 7 attacks infrequently—maybe in 10 percent of DDoS campaigns. Today, the Aspire Tech Security Operations Center (SOC)sees layer 7 attacks all the time.
Aspire Tech is your best choice for DDoS defense.
Aspire Tech provides seamless, flexible, and easy-to-deploy solutions that enable a fast response, no matter what type of DDoS attack you’re under
Choose an application-aware solution.
- Defends against the full spectrum of DDoS attacks: with multi-layered, hybrid defense that combines cloud scrubbing and an on-premises appliance
- Supports flexible deployment options: with inline and out-of-band mode to make sure your applications remain available.
- Detects and mitigates targeted multi-vector, bursty DDoS: with sub-second attack detection and instant mitigation in inline mode.
- Seamlessly integrates on-premises and native cloud-based attacks: signalingAspire Tech Silverline cloud-based scrubbing.
Aspire Tech offers the most comprehensive layer 3—layer 7 DDoS mitigation, combining on-premises and cloud DDoS scrubbing to mitigate network, application, and volumetric attacks.